It’s a lovely sunny day, so you’ve decided to pack a delicious picnic to enjoy with friends and family whilst the weather holds out. You’ve got the blanket, and you may have the Pimms if you’re going down that route, but what about the food? Here are a couple of ideas to create the perfect British feast for that traditional English, chocolate box style, picturesque picnic.
- Cheese and ham sandwiches with Branston Pickle
- Heinz Salad cream with pastrami and lettuce
- Piccalilli with pickled onions and cheese
- Branston Pickle with Jacob’s Crackers or Carr’s Table Water Crackers
- Marmite, cheese and cucumber
Why not try making your own coleslaw? Grate white cabbage and carrots, add Hellman’s Mayonnaise and a dash of salad cream…and voila!
- Walkers Monster Munch – great for kids and adults!
- McCoy’s Ridge Cut Crisps
- REAL Handcooked Crisps – we love Ham & English Mustard flavour!
- Smiths Scampi fries – perfect for beach picnics
- Nobby’s Nuts Salted Peanuts
How about a classic trifle? Hartley’s Jelly, Birds Custard Powder, British strawberries…or maybe give it a twist and add Angel Delight!
- Ambrosia Rice Pudding – we love it hot or cold, but what do you think?
- Brownies always go down well, and to save time, try a Betty Crocker mix!
- Apple crumble can’t be beaten… plus you can always use McDougalls Crumble Topping
- Sweets – how about some classic Maynards Wine Gums?
- Think those pickled onion sandwiches might be getting the best of your breath? After Eight mints will do the trick
What takes your fancy? Our British Gift Boxes include most of the above British condiments, treats and snacks, (and even Britain themed tea towels to clear up afterwards) so if you are across the world from the UK, we can still send a box of delicious British food right to your door! Have a look at The Full Monty and Classic Gastronomy Gift Boxes to see what picnic treats they include.